- Top 6 Best Hose End Sprayer Reviews
- What Exactly Is A Hose End Sprayer?
- Things To Consider When Buying Hose End Sprayer
- Types Of Hose End Sprayers
- Hose-End Sprayer Instructions
- Instructions For Using The RTU Sprayer
- Instructions For Using Adjustable Hose-End Sprayer
- Best Hose End Sprayers Comparison Chart
- Wrap up
A garden is a sacred place that should always be maintained with love. The plants and flowers in it are like children and you are their parent. They need your time, attention and devotion and in order to do all that the right way, one of the products you definitely need is the best hose end sprayer.
A hose end sprayer will not only help you provide water for your plants but also spray herbicides, pesticides, insecticides and all of the other kinds of soluble chemicals. It is a spraying tool that mixes the liquid solution and gives you continuously and even spraying.
However, finding the best product for your garden can be quite a challenge. There are a lot of varieties and different features you need to consider. That is why our team has created this buying guide along with top hose end sprayer reviews. We simply love it when we oil the wheels for our readers.
Chapin Hose End Sprayer
||View On Amazon|
Ortho Dial N Spray Multi-Use Hose-End Sprayer
||View On Amazon|
Gilmour 362 Professional No Pre-Mix Sprayer
||View On Amazon|
Ortho Dial N Spray Multi-Use Hose-End Sprayer
||View On Amazon|
Chapin International Insecticide Hose End Sprayer
||View On Amazon|
Hudson Hose End Sprayer
||View On Amazon|
Top 6 Best Hose End Sprayer Reviews
We kick-off the article with the most impressive products available on the market. The list below is not in any particular order since all units are top of the line hose end sprayers. Check them out.
1 . Chapin Hose End Sprayer
This hose end sprayer can fit into any hose and it offers you adjustable rate precision dial. With its 16 mixing ratios and the fact that you can quickly switch the sprayer from tablespoons to teaspoons measurements, this product is a good deal. It looks cute and small but in fact, it can spray up to 100 gallons of liquid. The unit is easy to use and to clean. It has a built-in filter so you won’t need to worry about debris. A good thing about this Chapin Hose end sprayer is that the product can reach 28-foot horizontal spray at an average of 40 PSI.
- adjustable rate precision dial
- quickly switches measurements
- can spray up to 100 gallons of liquid
- easy to use and clean
- built-in filter
- can reach 28-foot horizontal spray
- may leak
- the spray patterns are inconsistent
- the metal parts could corrode
2 . Ortho Dial N Spray Multi-Use Hose-End Sprayer
This Ortho Dial N Spray is reasonably priced and the features it can offer you make it a reliable product. Due to the extended grip design, you can spray liquid weed killers, insect killers, fungicides and fertilizers while your hands stay dry during the process. The product also offers you three adjustable spray patterns – shower, jet, and fan.
You can use the Dial N spray in two ways. The first one is to directly connect to Ortho concentrate bottles and spray. The second one is to pour the concentrate in the jug and connect it to a garden hose. For full usage instructions, you just need to read the product label but don’t worry everything is very easy. This hose end sprayer also has 14 dial settings so you would be able to apply the precise amount of product you desire.
- keeps your hand dry
- three adjustable spray patterns
- easy to use
- has 14 dial settings
- leakage through the trigger
- doesn’t take consistent suction from the cup
3 . Gilmour 362 Professional No Pre-Mix Sprayer
With this product, you will need 10 minutes to get the job done in your garden. As it is written on the label of the product “Just three easy steps to a professionally sprayed yard”. The greatest part about this unit is that there is no measuring or pre-mixing. If you are using a powdered formula, of course, the situation is different, so be careful.
This Gilmour 362 Professional No Pre-Mix Sprayer features 16 dilution rates. You also get a removable deflector with which you can switch from spray to stream in no time. The gripping is comfortable due to the finger-molded nozzle and the bottle is hard to break. There is no place for doubt that this product is designed considering the smallest detail.
- fast and easy to use
- no need for pre-mixing or measuring (except if you use powder)
- 16 dilution rates
- removable deflector
- comfortable grip
- durable bottle
- the metal handle is too heavy
- the nozzle isn’t powerful
4 . Ortho Dial N Spray Multi-Use Hose-End Sprayer
With this product, you will be able to instantly dilute and spray liquid weed killers, insecticides and fungicides. The usage easy and everything is explained on the label of the product. The part that there is no mixing or measuring is also tempting for we all know that saving time and effort is the number one task for every person.
The unit automatically applies the proper amount of needed product. It covers nicely and if the area you want to use it for is larger this would be a great option. If after the spraying there is an unused product left in the bottle, it can always be returned to the original container. Don’t forget to rinse out and air dry the plastic chamber after every use. That way you will extend the life of the product.
- easy usage
- no mixing or measuring
- it automatically applies the proper amount of product
- can be used for large areas
- the plastic nozzle isn’t durable
- doesn’t distribute evenly
5 . Chapin International Insecticide Hose End Sprayer
This unit can fit onto any hose end and it can deliver up to 6 gallons of finished spray. It can work with all water-soluble insecticides and chemicals. The quick coverage of large areas is something you should not be worried about as the unit features removable fan-spray nozzle.
If you want a more intense direct application, you can use the continuous stream the sprayer has. The backflow is also prevented due to the built-in anti-siphon feature. The design and construction of this hose end sprayer are impressive. The unit is rustproof and chemical resistant, therefore you will enjoy durability. You also get a fingertip on/off control. Don’t forget to not overtighten the cap and to attach the hose to the cap before attaching the bottle.
- fits onto any hose end
- delivers up to 6 gallons of finished spray
- has a removable fan-spray nozzle
- has a continuous stream
- built-in anti-siphon feature
- it is rustproof and chemical resistant
- fingertip control
- dilutes chemicals
6 . Hudson Hose End Sprayer
This product is made in the United States and it can spray 1 to 20 gallons. The Hudson 2100 Hose end 26 oz sprayer features three setting – on, off or water only. The biggest disadvantage here is that you have to pre-mix the chemical and water by yourself. You could lose some time, for sure, but in the end, the result is what’s important.
After you have placed the proper amount of chemical and water in the jar and mixed them well you need to attach the sprayer head to it. Thread the hose end connector to the end of your garden hose. In order to spray the mixture just turn the valve to the ON position and enjoy.
- three settings
- mix the contents well
- nice stream
- you have to pre-mix the chemical and water
- doesn’t have a dial
What Exactly Is A Hose End Sprayer?
A hose end sprayer is an essential tool for any garden owner. Having such product, you ensure that your garden will not be ravaged by weeds or insects. There are different types of hose end sprayers and each one has different features so it is important to know what exactly are you looking for and then thoroughly look at the characteristics of the product, before buying it.
Taken as a whole, a hose end sprayer is simple, not at all expensive tool, designed to serve as an effective delivery system for concentrated liquids. You could use it to spray pesticides or herbicides in order to prevent the appearance of weeds and insects. This is not everything, though, a hose end sprayer can be used as fertilizer deliverer. If you want to make sure that your harvest will be bountiful, using this gadget you will deliver “food” to your plants perfectly.
Hose end sprayers differ according to the brand of the product or its size, that is normal. Still, there are many other things you need to consider, such as the construction material, does the product fit to every hose, which are the chemicals it can spray, and so much more.
Also, you need to be aware of how and for what exactly are you going to use the product. Are you just going to spray your lawn with water and you want to do it in an easier and more convenient way with a hose end sprayer or you want the tool for your garden because you are going to use some heavy chemicals.
When we speak of gardens and especially lawns, you should know that there are a lot of lawn and garden products you need to have in order to keep your precious areas in great shape.
For a passionate gardener and someone who loves what he or she is doing, the hose end sprayer is a great solution for scattering soluble garden products. As we said, it is super important to understand how this sprayer works and the different features it has. So, our team has made a list with the things you need to consider when choosing a hose end sprayer. Check it out!
Things To Consider When Buying Hose End Sprayer
- Does the hose end sprayer fit any hose end? – Imagine this, you have purchased a certain unit and you have waited for one month until it finally arrived. And then, surprise, it does not fit your hose. Now if you are a passionate gardener you surely would be upset! In order to avoid this type of situations always check the hose compatibility.
- How many mixing ratios does the tool offer? – There are hose end sprayers that could offer around 20 mixing ratios, so you should not be content with less.
- Is the stream control of the sprayer adjustable? – We recommend that you look for a product that will allow you to be in control of the flow. This way you will make sure that the spraying is effective and the speed of the process is good. The greatest hose end sprayers are the ones that come with an adjustable stream control. It lets you choose from a light mist, heavy flow, and others, depending on the price and the model. Adjustable flow is also a guarantee that you could use the sprayer in various tasks.
- What is the material that the sprayer is made of? – This is something you need to consider, especially when it comes to the hose end sprayer bottle. If the tank is made of plastic that is of poor quality, it is almost one hundred percent sure that after time the tank will start leaking. If there is no information about the material, you should read some reviews and see if there are any complains connected to this matter. Look for hose end sprayer that has high-density polyurethane construction. This way the tank will be resistant to acid and other harsh chemicals and you can calmly use whichever chemical you want.
- Is the design of the hose end sprayer good? – Things such as extended grip, for example, are not to be underestimated. They would not only keep you safe but will also keep you clean and dry. Is the unit you have chosen a long distance hose end sprayer, or not? After all, comfort Is something we all look for and such small things are of a big importance. Other things you could look for in a hose end sprayer are direct connect design, thumb-operated on/off dial, extra wide mouth opening for easy filling, translucent tank for the monitoring of the concentrate and so much more. Of course, some of these features may seem insignificant and most of the time that is true. They are not so important and yet, they are created for your convenience and you should go for a product that has them. In this order, you can check all sorts of top-notch garden supplies reviews that we have compiled for your convenience.
- How many spray settings or patterns does the hose end sprayer has? – Three is the most common answer. However, they can be more or less. Logically the more they are, the higher the price of the hose end sprayer is but if you want a product with the higher amount of features you have to be ready to pay a bit extra.
- Powder mix and liquid solutions. – Be careful as there are some hose end sprayers that are not compatible with powder mix. Still, most of the sprayers work with both so you shouldn’t have a big problem when it comes to choosing the most suitable sprayer for your own personal needs. Check out if the item you have chosen is suitable for all brands of liquid concentrates.
- Can unused concentrate be returned to the original container? – You definitely want the answer to be “yes”. This way you will eliminate waste.
- Does the sprayer accommodate multiple container sizes? – This is also something that is super convenient. You won’t have to worry about spilling the chemicals when moving them from one bottle to another.
- Is measuring or pre-mixing required? – Some of the hose end sprayers offered on the market nowadays require pre-mixing of the chemicals you are going to use. That means that they are not self-mixing hose end sprayers. This could be inconvenient because you will lose time, it could be irritating and… well, people have invented hose end sprayers that do the whole job for you, so why make your life harder?!
- What is the capacity of the sprayer? – Finding an answer to this question is vital! This will determine how convenient the garden tool will be and how much time you will lose in spraying. There is a huge variety of products. Some can hold as little as 1 quart of chemicals, while others can have space for up to 4 gallons. This depends on the type of the hose end sprayer. There are two main types of Fixed Rate and Adjustable Rate sprayers. Knowing the area, you are going to use the sprayer on, and the number of chemicals you need to spray, you can easily decide what the capacity of your sprayer should be.
Types Of Hose End Sprayers
There are two main types of hose end sprayers. The first one is fixed rate sprayer and the second one is adjustable rate sprayer.
In general, hose end sprayers siphon up the liquid from the container, then mix it up with water using the spray nozzle. Usually, the rate of siphoning is described in “ounces per gallon of water.” Some hose end sprayers are set from the manufacturer to siphon at aFixed rate, while others can be adjusted by the owner and therefore are called adjustable rate sprayers. The fixed rate sprayers can be easily distinguished for they have their own RTU (Ready-to-Use) hose-end spray nozzle.
Hose-End Sprayer Instructions
Knowing how to use a hose-end sprayer and how to properly do the process of spraying could be of great use.
Instructions For Using The RTU Sprayer
First, you need to know that you will find three settings on the control knob – ON, OFF, WATER ONLY (H2O). Let’s look at the steps you need to do in order to work properly with a hose ends sprayer:
- Determine how big the area you want to spray on is
- Determine the amount of product you need to use
- Turn the water on. The pressure should be about ½ to ¾
- With the knob turned to MIX, you should walk slowly and spray a 6-8 wide swath. You should not stop moving while spraying. What you need to do is lightly wet the top of the grass or whatever it is you are spraying.
- When you are done with one-third of the area, stop so that you could check how much of the product you have used. If you have used too little, you can go over this are one more time, walking even slower than before. If you have sprayed too much, walk a bit faster when you spray.
Instructions For Using Adjustable Hose-End Sprayer
As we said above, adjustable sprayers let you be in charge. You can do your applications faster or slower, the only thing you have to do is adjust the setting. Our team recommends you to start with a 1 oz. per gallon setting for products that recommend less than 5 oz. per 1000 sq. ft, because that is how people normally do it. Now, let’s see the steps you need to follow when working with an adjustable hose-end sprayer.
- Pour the liquid into the bottle.
- Determine the amount of product you are going to use for the area you have chosen. Each product has different individual label instructions, so do not forget to read them carefully.
- Turn the water on. The pressure should be about ½ to ¾.
- You have to set the sprayer to 1 oz/gallon. (If the product is meant to be applied at 6 or more oz per 1000 sf, then we recommend that you start 2 oz per gallon)
- The rules are the same as with RTU sprayers. Don’t walk too fast, spray a narrow swath and always check if you are using the product evenly and if it will be enough for the whole area.
- Are there different types of hose-end sprayers? – Yes, the two basic types are fixed rate and adjustable rate sprayers.
- Are hose end sprayers hard to work with? – No, actually it is the opposite. Check our hose end sprayer instructions for more information.
- Is the material that the sprayer’s container is made of, important? – Yes, yes, yes! You need to look for high-density polyurethane construction. This way you will be enjoying a great durability and leaking will not be a problem for you. (which is not the case with plastic)
- Is it important if I use powder mix or liquid solutions? –Yes! You need to be very careful as some hose end sprayers are not suitable for powder mix and you could get disappointed. Always look at the features of the products and read the reviews. Make a survey and check all kinds of sprayers. Our article about the best tow behind sprayer may be useful in your case.
- Are hose-end sprayers expensive? – No, they are certainly not. They are a great tool to buy if you are a passionate gardener and you want to take care of your garden or lawn. Even if you are on a budget you could always find a good hose end sprayer to serve the purpose.
- Will the hose end sprayer help me eliminate weeds from my lawn? – Yes, you can spray pesticides or herbicides. How to eliminate lawn weeds is something we all need to know and a hose-end sprayer could definitely help us get the job done.
Best Hose End Sprayers Comparison Chart
|Chapin Hose End Sprayer||$$$||16 oz||7.8 x 3.1 x 9.3||Automatically mixes / Built-in Anti-Siphon feature|
|Ortho Dial N Spray Multi-Use Hose-End Sprayer||$||32 oz||3.9 x 9.8 x 7.6||14 dial settings / 3 adjustable spray|
|Gilmour 362 Professional No Pre-Mix Sprayer||$$$$||16 oz||8 x 2 x 10||16 dilution rates / Removable deflector|
|Ortho Dial N Spray Multi-Use Hose-End Sprayer||$||N / A||3.9 x 9.8 x 7.6||No mixing or measuring / Automatically applies|
|Chapin International Insecticide Hose End Sprayer||$||6 gallons||5.5 x 8.3 x 4.1||Removable fan-spray nozzle / Continuous stream|
|Hudson Hose End Sprayer||$$||26 oz||10 x 6 x 5||3 settings / Sprays 1 to 20 gallons|
Well, here is the end of our buying guide to getting the best hose end sprayer. We think that after you have read this article, choosing the most suitable product for your own needs will be a piece of cake. We hope that we have helped you and we would really love it if you have enjoyed our buying guide.
If that is indeed true, please share our work with your friends and family. After all, everyone deserves to get some useful info. Do not hesitate to leave us a comment or send un and email, we love it when we get feedback from our readers.
When it comes to gardening and household there are plenty of similar products you could find intriguing so go check some of our other articles devoted to choosing the right gardening unit. Thanks for reading and as always- stay put!